Friday, December 15, 2006

The OC 12/14/06

Earlier in the week, I made a decision to cut the OC out of my life. I just didn't have room for it any more especially since it was on Thursday night which is inundated with great shows. I was stoked to free up another 43 minutes for Mythbusters/Avatar the Last Airbender/Top Chef.
But last night I was treated to yet another Grey's Anatomy repeat, i know 'treated' isn't the right word, but due to the lack of GA iw as able to watch the OC guilt-free and boy was I taught a valuable lesson. Give a favorite show another episode or two before you give up on it. Case in point last night's OC was insanely awesome.
Usually when the episode of a fave tv show turns out to be one of the 'main character in a coma experiencing an alternate reality where deceased girlfriend may or may not still be alive' most people would cringe, this guy (me) included. Yet due to some persisting from my non-deceased girlfriend I left it on and I was in for the ride of my life.
Ryan and Taylor fall off a roof and go into an alt reality where no one knows who they are, but they know who everyone is. As i am writing this, I am trying to figure out what i still liked about the show, and I am not too sure. I will tell you this, I have a wicked crush on Julie Cooper

and in this particular episode she was two timing Sandy Cohen, played by Peter Gallagher and his eyebrows (another of my favorite characters) and she is cheating on him with Summer's hippie turned Long Island douche-bag boyfriend Che(ster).
There was a delightfully uncomfortable scene where Julie spanked a young Che in her brassiere.

No comments: