Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Just When You Thought Things Couldn't Get Any More Official...

Wow. That was sort of a long blog title. To be honest, I thought of a few ways I might shorten it, but I thought it would lose a lot of the panache that way. After being separated from my certificate for a few weeks, we've been reunited and it's now hanging up in the living room. Now, any and all visitors to the apartment will immediately know that they're in the living space of a Guinness World Record Holder. I'm still on the look out for a high-five tour sponsor. So far I haven't heard a anything from Hershey's and Take 5. I also tried to contact Burt's Bees, because I thought it might be a cool tie-in for their hand salve. I was reluctant to believe it at first, but after an hour of intensive high-fiving my hand got quite raw and sore. Enter their hand salve and in a few minutes my hand's as good as new. But no word from Burt... Some other people have suggested Hi-C, Toyota, Best Western and other travel-related companies for sponsors. Anyone have an uncle/aunt/cousin/neighbor at one of their ad agencies? And for those of who are wondering when I'll get tired of this- I won't. When it comes to high fives, I'm truly indefatigable.

In other news, Rob Cordry's new sitcom, The Winner, premiered on Sunday. I felt sort of mixed on the first two episodes that aired. While there were some funny moments, the incessant laugh track was so irritating that it only made everything a little less funny. There were some original ideas and characters, but it there were also a lot of sitcomy jokes that fell flat. It's almost as though they took a unique idea and then awkwardly shoved it into the mold of a sitcom. If that's the case, then these TV execs really have to start being less pervicacious. Rob Cordry was always one of the nice ones when I was interning at The Daily Show, so I'll give it a few more tries. Did you watch it? Any thoughts? I mean, I don't want to start a donnybrook, but tell me what you thought.

There's a lot of stuff in the works now- both C&Q related and otherwise. Nothing definite to report yet, but you just wait...

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Wow. A genuine World Record Holder. Excellent!