Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Think I ________ This Movie

I saw Chris Rocks's new film yesterday, I Think I Love My Wife. First off, I always wonder why actors feel the need to direct and star in their own movie- can't they share the riches? Do they really think no one could do the job as well?

Either way, the movie wasn't that great. Rock plays Richard Cooper, who's been married for eight years, (and has two cute kids), and now finds his eyes wandering to other woman... a lot. He strikes up a "friendship" with Nikki, (an old acquaintance), which at some points seems just like a friendship and other times seems like a little more. It's irritating for me to watch a character doing something wrong when they, in fact, know its wrong and are asking the same questions I am. Or maybe Chris Rock just couldn't pull it off... He was pretty funny at points, although his frequent narration was definitely not necessary and just took me out of the story. There were fun and interesting parts though, and Steve Buscemi plays a great supporting character...

Two mediocre movies in two days is a bit much. I think I'm ready for a break now. Pretty good episode of Lost last night, and I'm looking forward to The Office tonight. Even though The Office cast member Rashida Jones rejected our invitation to be a guest on Clips & Quips. Her loss...

No comments: